2021 Manhattan Summer Traffic Ed.
- The student must turn 15 years old by Jan. 6th, 2022.
- The student must be able to attend all class sessions except for cases of extreme illness or family emergencies.
- NO ABSENCES CAN BE ALLOWED FOR VACATIONS, ATTENDANCE AT CAMPS, OR OTHER EVENTS.
- The student must be able to schedule twelve hours for driving and in-car observation (Six 2-hour time blocks). These hours are in addition to the class time and are scheduled to be completed by the end of the course. Completion of all six drive times is required to pass the course and obtain your learner’s license.
- July 6th 6:00 - 7:00 PM Mandatory Parent Meeting (Child must also come to this meeting)
- July 7th, 8th, and 9th 8:00 - 10:00 AM
- July 13th through August 6th Monday through Friday 8:00 – 10:00 AM, and last day is Saturday, August 7th from 8-10AM.
- The students will be responsible for signing up for their drive times on July 9th
- NO DRIVES will be scheduled on July 10th, 17th, 23rd, 24th
Students who have difficulty with reading or have special learning needs should realize that extra help is not available during the summer session.
The class size will be a maximum of 25 students. In case of overload, priority will be given to the in-district students and the older students who live in our school district. I will notify parents that their child has been selected prior to the mandatory parent meeting.
Because of the large number of last-minute cancellations in the past, all students selected for the course must pay the $350.00 enrollment fee by the Parent Meeting July 6th, 2021. If any students chosen for the course do not meet the payment deadline, the oldest on the waiting list will be notified and will be enrolled upon payment of the $350.00.
IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED, RETURN THE BOTTOM PORTION OF THIS APPLICATION OR PICTURE OF THE BOTTOM PORTION OF THIS APPLICATION TO THE INSTRUCTOR BY July 2nd, 2021 at firstname.lastname@example.org KEEP THE TOP PORTION FOR YOUR RECORDS!
**There will be a mandatory parent meeting for those whose children are accepted into the program on Tuesday, July 6th, 2021 at 6:00 P.M. (in the commons area at Manhattan High School). Please bring your child’s Certified Birth Certificate and Social Security Cards. Thank you for supporting your child as they grow into responsible drivers.
DETACH AND RETURN BOTTOM PORTION
SUMMER TRAFFIC EDUCATION APPLICATION
(DEADLINE – (July 2nd, 2021))
PHONE # _________________________________________
We have read the information concerning Summer Traffic Ed. and wish to participate in accordance with the requirements.
SIGNATURE OF STUDENT SIGNATURE OF PARENT/GUARDIAN