Hello MHS students & families,
As we wrap up the remaining weeks of our school year, our students and staff continue to diligently work hard and make the most of their classes and spring activities. It has been an incredible year, filled with many achievements, successes, and moments of growth for our students, staff, and community.
We are incredibly grateful for the support of our families throughout this school year. Everyone's support and understanding have been crucial in helping us to provide a safe and enjoyable learning environment for our students. A HUGE thank you to the Manhattan, Churchill, and Amsterdam communities for supporting our schools in passing our recent levies. We are now able to move forward in planning for the 2023-24 school year!
A few notable changes that will be in effect beginning next year:
1) With the four-day week, Middle School and High School students will be in classes from 8:05-3:52.
2) Middle School & High School offices will be combined with the shift in administration and office staff. The main office will be in the same location as the current Middle School office. The following people will have offices in this location:
- 6-12 Principal - Mrs. Howells
- 6-12 Administrative Assistant - Mrs. Grevious
- 6-12 Activities Director - Mr. Ballantyne
- 6-12 Dean of Students - Mr. Kragt
3) For arrival and dismissal at the beginning and end of the day, HS students will enter through door 4 by the library and MS students will enter by the main office. Any students arriving late or leaving early must report to the main office and check-in/out with Mrs. Grevious. ** any changes in this plan will be communicated to families **
4) Mr. Render will continue in his role as High School counselor. He will relocate to the space that is currently the High School office. Mrs. Barber will continue as the K-8 counselor until a part-time Middle School counselor is hired.
We are committed to fostering collaboration and communication between families and the school. To ensure that we work together to support our students, we ask that you share your thoughts and feedback using the end-of-year parent survey found HERE.
As we prepare to send off the graduating class of 2023, we celebrate their accomplishments and contributions to our school community. We are proud of each and every one of them and we wish them all success in their future endeavors. Please join us at our graduation ceremony on Sunday, May 28th at 2:00 PM in the main gym.
A few important dates to note for the month:
- School Board Meeting -- Tuesday the 9th
- Spring Concerts -- Monday-Wednesday the 15th-17th (HS will perform on Monday the 15th)
- PTO Carnival -- Friday the 19th
- Graduation -- Sunday the 28th at 2:00 PM
- No School -- Monday the 29th
- Last Day of School -- Thursday, June 1st
With all that said, I wish you all a relaxing and enjoyable rest of the school year and wonderful summer ahead. I look forward to seeing everyone at our graduation ceremony and will be ready to welcome back our students in the fall for another successful school year.
Thanks for a tremendous year! Go Tigers!Miranda Howells
High School Principal
Manhattan Public Schools