Traffic Safety Education
Traffic Safety Education (Drivers Education) is offered several times a year through Manhattan Schools. The next 2019 session will be begin on April 15 with the parent meeting and the first class will be April 16.
This page contains the information and documents necessary to register for this course. As representatives of Montana's Motor Vehicle Division we are required to follow their licensing requirements, so Montana Motor Vehicle Division eye exam form linked below, official birth certificates and social security cards are all required documents as well as our registration form and signed contract. We prefer that all these documents are submitted electronically to email@example.com. We have provided details below along with some directions for scanning and emailing these documents. Getting all documents submitted in one email will really help to keep things organized. Hard copies may also be submitted to Mr. Houghton at least one week before start of class.
- Age Requirements. 14 1/2 years of age ON THE FIRST NIGHT OF CLASS
- Students are placed in the class by order of birth date, and Manhattan High School district residence.
- Students in 8th grade may enroll after January 1 if they do not displace an in-district high school student.
- Online Registration Form -- Enrollment is limited, so this online registration is the first step.
- Classroom Contract -- This document contains the details of Traffic Education Safety and must be signed by both the student and parent/guardian.
- Eye Exam Form -- This is the official Montana Motor Vehicle Division form and the one required of all students. Please get this form to your physician and have them complete the information requested.
- A State Issued Birth Certificate and copy of the student's Social Security Card are also needed and can be scanned into one file. (Either PDF or JPG)
- Email electronic documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. Preferable in one email so all documents for student are together. You may put them all into one file or send them as separate files. All forms must be received one week prior to the start of class. Payment will be collected at parent night.
Helpful Hints for Scanning and Emailing Documents:
- Use your home or office resources to scan to PDF (preferable) or JPG
- Bring documents to public library and use their resources and expertise.
- Use smart phone app such as CamScanner. It is a great free app which will take photo, square up image, save as PDF or jpg and allow you to email documents to yourself and others.
- If you email documents to yourself and forward them to email@example.com, you will have an email copy yourself.
- The paper clip icon in your email client is the key step for attaching these file to an email.