Support and Suggestions from the School Nurse
March 12th - Video Message from Maggie Secrest, School NurseMarch 3rd - A Message form Ms. Maggie Secrest, Manhattan Public School's nurse:
- May 29 #8 Be Kind, Be Creative, Be Safe
- May 22 #7 Phase 2 Guidelines
- May 8 #6 Recap of the expectations
- April 20 #5 Basic Life Skills at any Age
- April 7 #4 Accurate Information
- March 31 #3 Mental health/how to cope with all of this!
- March 27 #2 Support and Suggestions
- March 26 #1 Support and Suggestions
In response to recent worldwide concerns over the spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), we would like to strongly encourage everyone, especially travelers, to take the following precautions in order to keep everyone in Manhattan School District safe and healthy.
Further resources can always be found on the Office of Public Instruction, Montana Department of Health and Human Services, Center for Disease Control, and World Health Organization websites.Please contact the school nurse with any questions or concerns.Stay Healthy!Maggie Secrest, RNSchool Nurse
- Wash your hands often! This cannot be stressed enough. Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 30 seconds. Wash before and after eating or using the restroom.
- Use alcohol based hand sanitizer, carry this with you and use it often!
- Avoid close contact, especially with people who are showing symptoms of a cold/flu.
- Cover your mouth and nose when you sneeze or cough! Use tissues when available and toss them into the trash. Cough and sneeze into your elbow.
- Avoid touching your nose, eyes, mouth. This is how germs spread!
- Clean surfaces. See this LINK.
- Stay healthy and boost your immune system by drinking lots of water, getting a good night's sleep, eating healthy foods, exercising and decreasing stress.
- Following your return, please STAY HOME if you experience any flu-like symptoms such as fever, cough, sneezing, chills, sore throat or headache. Please avoid activity outside your home until symptoms have resolved.