2023 Manhattan 2nd Semester Traffic EducationInstructor: Allen Sevareid (406) 580-9855 firstname.lastname@example.org
Find general details of the Manhattan Traffic Education course below and contact the instructor for complete details. Link to Montana OPI Traffic Education Resouces.This Traffic Education course will start February 1, 2023 and will be completed by the end of school’s second semester (June 1, 2023).
- The student must turn 15 years old by August. 1st, 2023.
- The student must be able to attend all class sessions, except for cases of extreme illness or family emergencies. NO ABSENCES CAN BE ALLOWED FOR VACATIONS, ATTENDANCE OF SCHOOL ACTIVITIES, OR OTHER EVENTS.
- The student must be able to schedule a minimum of twelve hours for driving and in-car observation (Six 2 to 3 hour time blocks). These hours are in addition to the class time and are scheduled to be completed by the end of the course. Completion of all six drive times is required to pass the course and obtain your learner’s license.
- February 1st, 2023, 6:00 - 7:00 PM Mandatory Parent Meeting (Child must also come to this meeting.
- Class times will be every Monday and Wednesday from 7:00pm – 9:00pm unless there are other schedule conflicts. I will have class schedules for everyone at the Parent Meeting. The drives will be scheduled at the first two nights of class. Drive times will usually be before class and on Saturdays, with some extra days as needed.
Students who have difficulty with reading or have special learning needs should realize that extra help may not be available.The class size will be a maximum of 20 students. In case of overload, priority will be given to the in-district students and the older students who live in our school district. I will notify parents that their child has been selected prior to the mandatory parent meeting.Because of the large number of last-minute cancellations in the past, all students selected for the course must pay the $350.00 enrollment fee by the Parent Meeting February 1st, 2023. If any students chosen for the course do not meet the payment deadline, the oldest on the waiting list will be notified and will be enrolled upon payment of the $350.00.IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED, RETURN THE BOTTOM PORTION OF THIS APPLICATION OR PICTURE OF THE BOTTOM PORTION OF THIS APPLICATION TO THE INSTRUCTOR BY NOON February 1st, 2023 to email@example.com KEEP THE TOP PORTION FOR YOUR RECORDS!**There will be a mandatory parents' meeting in the commons area at Manhattan High School for those whose children are accepted into the program on Wednesday, February 1st, 2023 at 6:00 P.M. Please bring your child’s Certified Birth Certificate and Social Security Cards. Thank you for supporting your child as they grow into responsible drivers.DETACH AND RETURN BOTTOM PORTION
- The students will be responsible for signing up for their drive times during class.
2ND SEMESTER TRAFFIC EDUCATION APPLICATION(DEADLINE – February 1st, 2023)NAME___________________________________________AGE______________BIRTHDATE_______________PHONE # _________________________________________We have read the information concerning Manhattan Traffic Education and wish to participate in accordance with the requirements.______________________________________ ___________________________________________SIGNATURE OF STUDENT SIGNATURE OF PARENT/GUARDIAN